Sunday, February 24, 2008

No title. Just .... whatever.

Oy. What a busy 3 days. I decided to shit-can the guest room since no one has stayed in it since I spruced it up. My kid was in serious need of a bed bigger than a crib since she's going to start sleeping in her own bed soon. Sniff, sniff. We've got to get some semblance of a schedule going since she's going to be starting preschool this fall. Another sniff, sniff, and a big sob, too. So. I disassembled her toddler bed (ie. crib without a front rail) and ordered a very girly bed set to go on the cherry sleigh bed in her new room. Its bigger in the new room and the lighting is 100% better than what's in her old room - now the playroom. In this transition, I've painted, re purposed, and done whatever I could to save money, but golly it's been time consuming. So far, I've only spent $45 on totally adorable bed linens. I got them for next to nothing!! When those come in, I'll want a small rug to match them and I'll have to buy material to make valances and tie backs for all the windows in there, but I'll still be running at well under $100 by the time I've completed every bit of it! I'm excited! So now my kid has a big girl room and TWO playrooms. Yes folks, the toys are that bad...and I've done away with 75% of them.

Lemme tell you something. I'm sooooo sick of wearing glasses. Always pushing them up my nose, cleaning smudges....I used to wear contacts, but it was the biggest pain in the ass and the things NEVER ever stayed in my eyes. I was getting a new pair every month or so because I'd lose them or I'd get pink eye and have to throw them both away - which I never could figure out since I took care of them meticulously, but whatever. So I was spending a small fortune on contacts since I have astigmatism along with being both near and farsighted. PAIN. IN. THE. ASS. The ones I need cost a small fortune for one pair - let alone one pair a month on average. LASIK creeps me out. I'll sit here and bitch for the rest of my life before I let someone do that to me. I get chill bumps just thinking about it. Agggggghhhh. I was awake during my c-section, but for some reason, that seems very, VERY different. Have you ever seen a procedure where they stick a needle into your eyeball while you're awake and looking at the thing coming at you? People, I would honest to God shit my pants if I ever have to have that done.

I've got too much to do to be sitting here. I've got company coming tomorrow and it looks like a bomb blew up in every room of the house. HORRIBLE!

No comments: