I just let my grandparent's Chinese Shar Pei (he's actually mine, but they wanted to keep his mean ass when I moved out all those years ago) out to use the bathroom. He took 3 steps out onto the patio and shit on it. Not knowing what to do, I just left it there. I figured I'd tell my grandfather the same thing he told me 13 years ago when I got the prick. He was a Christmas present and 5 weeks old when he came to live with us. It only took me 3 days to house-break the idiot, but in the meantime, you know what happens. At 4 a.m. my grandfather woke me from a dead sleep and told me "Your doggy left you a present under the Christmas tree." ?? I went in there and the dog had shit all over the tree skirt. Paybacks a bitch.
My husband gave the kid some grape juice the other day and before she took a drink, she looked at him and asked "How many carbs does this have?" Dear God. I didn't know what to think when he told me. I'm fairly certain she got it from my grandmother who is diabetic, so she's always carb watching....but a small part of me wonders if I'm creating some fucked-up self esteem problems for her. She knows I'm on a diet and I think maybe she shouldn't. Its not so much that I'm losing weight so I'll look better (admittedly a side effect that I don't mine one iota) but that I want to be around for a long time. I don't want to be out of breath after I've run 20 feet, or God-forbid, when I tie my shoes.
I'm so tired I can't concentrate. Its pissing me off. Every noise sends my brain in 50 million directions. I should probably go collect it all and start trying to put it back together.....
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The next time I go whitewater rafting, I'm calling you!!!
Post a Comment