I was pissed on today. I may have been sprayed. I smelled like piss but I wasn't wet?? This is why I hate cats. I picked him up and put him down, and went into the living room to finish watching Oprah, and as I sat down, I got a whiff of something ungodly. I kept telling myself that it was all in my head - until I lifted the bottom of my shirt to my nose. I'd been pissed on! Its not my grandparent's cat; its just one that lingers around and cries all day if you don't feed it. My grandmother wants to neuter the nasty thing, but I've talked her out of it several times. I keep telling her that its NOT HER CAT. The next time she brings it up, I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.
At this point, I'm failing as a stay at home Mom. I have a schedule made up, sure, BUT ITS NOT HELPING. For the past two days, I've sat the kid on the couch in front of the TV. I think though, maybe, just maybe, I'm taking advantage of her new-found talent. Watching TV. Some parents can sit their kids in front of the TV from birth on and let them watch a 30 minute show while they do the dishes, a load of laundry, clean the bathroom, etc. Not me. My kid is a hands-on kind of kid. Sit and watch TV? Never. I never got a break to get anything done unless I had "help" which inevitably always created a larger mess. For the past week or so, she's taken a new interest in a few TV shows and will sit and watch the ENTIRE show...Hell has frozen over. Since I'm not at home, I really don't have anything to do around the house, so I've turned on the TV and slept while she watched. I'm horrible. Once I get home, though, I know its over. There's PLENTY to do there. Hopefully she'll practice her talent at home too. I still can't believe my kid will sit and watch TV. I thought this day would never come!
The husband and I swapped kids for the evening. He brought the dog to me and he took the kid. I'd forgotten how easy it was with just a dog. She just lays around doing nothing, but fart. But I'm sure the ravioli I fed her earlier has absolutely nothing to do with her gastrointestinal upset. Especially since it had spinach in it....
Tomorrow I go home and this dog-sitting job will be over. Its been a nice break from reality, which includes: a few loads of laundry yet to be done, a nursery that's a disaster area, a spare bedroom that's still only half taken apart to make room for the toys, a kitchen that can't seem to stay clean for more than 7 minutes - same with the living room, a bathroom that needs to be cleaned, carpets that need to be cleaned, and a master bedroom floor that's full of dog hair. And every closet and cabinet needs to be cleaned out. And the yard needs mowing and sprucing up for spring. The dog pen also needs to be moved and cleaned and the "hing het" is still only 1/2 put together. The rock climbing wall is officially up, but what will a 2 year old do with a rock climbing wall???? Anyway, goodbye bliss, hello reality.
I took some of the kids medicine that I poisoned her with. My sinuses have been giving me fits for ohhh, the past 10 years, but the past two weeks have been unbearable. I took the full dose for my size and no more. I was konked out within 30 minutes, which is a feat for me. I have built up a tolerance to most medicine that a drug addict would marvel at. I can't imagine how she felt when I gave her double the dose she was supposed to have. WHOOPS!
Yeah, so I was napping with the kid today and the phone rang. It was a friend that I NEVER gave this number to because she drives me absolutely crazy calling at the house. I was in such shock that I couldn't answer her. I just said that I'd call her back later and never did. Seriously, I like her. She's got a heart of gold. BUT DAMMIT WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO CALL ME SOMETIMES UPWARDS OF 10 TIMES A DAY!? No shit. Sometimes my phone NEVER stops ringing. I hang up just to have the fucker ring again. And when I tell her that I've got to call her back so I can get the baby in bed, why does she call back 10 minutes later and ask if the baby's in bed? I'm like, "No, who can sleep with the phone always ringing!" and then, catch this - she says, "Well who's calling all the time?" I'm like, "YOU!! I told you I'd call you back and I will. QUIT CALLING!" And then 10 minutes later, the damn phone is ringing again. Same deal. I'm like ARE YOU DEAF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARGH. A heart of gold obviously has nothing to do with having brains. And I'm NOT a phone person. Just text me and then call me every so often. That makes me as happy as a kitten with a chainsaw!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment