A woman I knew died today of heart cancer. Most people think there's no such thing, but there is. Its all pretty technical, but basically, its heart cancer. Her funeral is on Saturday. I'm so sad over this. I didn't know her well, but I did know her enough to know what a kind soul she was. She was as country as the day is long and so humble. She would have done anything for anybody. And now she's dead. Less than 6 months ago I was in her home delivering some stuff for some people she was letting live with her - their house had burned down - and we had the nicest conversation. Gone at 47 years old....
Another friend of mine, this one a pretty old friend, was diagnosed with colon cancer back around Thanksgiving. I lost touch with her years and years ago, but I got back in touch with her this past week. I was so happy to find her. I had heard from a mutual acquaintance that she had cancer, but I didn't know the gory details. My friend is pretty sick. They say that colon cancer only happens to older people, but she's 26; one of the youngest people to ever be diagnosed with it. It spread to her liver; sadly, its in both lobes. Even if she does achieve a solid remission, there's a 70% chance that it will return. They removed all of it from her colon; its the shit in her liver that's messing her up. It angers me.
I'm going to try to catch some zzz's. I'm pretty sleepy, but sleep eludes me.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment